which is the Word of God." Ephesians 6:17
(The Beginner's Guide to Fencing)
I have had a new blog brewing for some time now, but was unsure about how to begin. I prayed, and the words that came to mind almost immediately were:
Several months ago I was discussing Revelation chapter 6 with a friend in England, who brought to my attention something in the Greek which I had not previously noticed:
"Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, "COME!" And I looked and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him and he came out conquering, and to conquer." (Rev. 6:1-2)
Although the word 'bow' is found 99 times in Scripture, the Greek word used here for 'bow' is 'toxon.' It is the ONLY time the word 'toxon' is used in the entire Bible. My research left me stunned. the following is a screenshot of an article I found in the British Medical Journal:
His 'kingdom' and influence advance by means of 'poisoned arrows.' Does this sound familiar?
Prophecies written by Daniel, the apostles Paul (in Thessalonians) and John (in Revelation) describe the time in which the rider appears:
- "There shall be a fourth kingdom on earth which shall be different from all the kingdoms, and it shall devour the whole earth..." (Daniel 7:23)
- "It will throw truth to the ground..." (Daniel 8:12)
- He will appear with great power, causing fearful destruction: "At the latter end of the kingdom when transgressors (revolt, religious and moral rebellion) have reached their limit." (Daniel 8:23)
- "By his cunning he shall make deceit prosper...and in his own mind he shall become great." (Daniel 8:25)
- "The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan...with all wicked deception..." (2 Thessalonians 2:9)
- "While people are saying 'Peace and Safety,' destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape." (1 Thessalonians 5:3)
- "And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words and it was allowed to exercise authority...it was also allowed to make war on the saints and to conquer them. And authority was given it over every tribe and people and language and nation, and all who dwell on the earth." (Revelation 13:5-7)
Friends, I believe this may be a sign that the beast/antichrist is about to take his place on the world stage. All the world is in turmoil and is looking for a 'saviour.' We know from Scripture that the only Saviour is Jesus Christ, who will come with the clouds in great glory! DO NOT BE DECEIVED!!!
Jesus warned His disciples:
"Be on guard! Keep awake! Stay awake! Do not be deceived!"
- Get ready! Draw near to God and He will draw near to you!
- Keep your balance! Fix your eyes and ears on Jesus and His truth!
- Stay flexible! Be ready to change directions at a moment's notice!
- Take up your sword! Stay offensive...don't let the enemy back you into a corner!
Soli Deo Gloria